Extra modules – Flickr Integration in Mass Planner
On 22.05.2014, by Johnny
Hi guys, we have prepared an extra module for you that will make your life 5 times easier! You won’t believe your eyes how easy it is now to add amazing high quality unique pins to your Pinterest boards or photos to your Facebook pages. Forget the old way of searching google images for your keywords, saving all those images to your computer, deleting those that you don’t think are good and then uploading them to Mass Planner.
We give you the Flickr integration – all you need to do is enter a keyword and let Mass Planner do the rest, it will find images on flickr related to that keyword and add them to your Pin list / Post List . It will take literally a few minutes to add hundreds of new, interesting, high quality and unique pictures to your boards and pages !
Here’s how it will look like in your Mass Planner Pinterest platform ( it looks just the same in the Facebook part ):
As you can see, the settings you need to do before you start are minimal, and you only need to do them once. You will need to click the provided link to get an ApiKey and a SharedSecret from flickr. After you get them, you put them in the two fields named: Flickr ApiKey and Flick SharedSecret . You do this once and they will be saved and you never have to do it again, they will also be saved across all your boards so you don’t need to enter them in each and every one of them.
After the initial setting, just enter the keywords for which you want to find photos, select how many photos you want to extract and click Extract Pins from Flick. You will need to wait a little until flickr send you the photos back at which time they will automatically be placed in the add multiple images window. You can delete certain pictures if you don’t want them, you can edit their description, if they all look good just press the Ok button and they will all be added to your pending Pin List.
You will see how in a few minutes you will have pins scheduled for weeks to come, this is the true definition of automatic 🙂
Here are a few things to consider when using this tool:
- you can extract up to 100 photos at a time
- you can extract many photos for the same keyword, press extract again and you will receive different pictures
- the title that the pictures have on flickr is now in the description field, the description from flicker was sometimes very bad/full of links/crazy talk so we decided the title was better
- this is an extra module so that means you will have to buy it separately at a one time payment.
Part 2 – we had a few requests so here’s how to create you Flickr api account too:
1. Follow the link given in Mass Planner
2. Log in with your yahoo account, if you don’t have one you will need to create one in order to continue.
3. Choose Apply for a NON-Commercial Key
4. Fill in the flickr form on the next page, it should look something like :
- give it a name
- describe it a little( put something coherent but anything will go)
- check the two checkboxes that you agree to stuff
- hit the Submit button.
5. That’s it, on the next page you will find your Key and Secret which you can copy-paste and put into Mass Planner and you’re good to go. It will look like this ( except you’ll actually have some text in the black rectangles)